“Christmas is a time when you get homesick – even when you’re home.”
The winter holidays are one of the most fascinating times of the year, loved and looked forward to by young and old alike. It’s a time when families are reunited to spend magical days together, full of charm, smiles, presents, tasty food, elevated on themed tableware. It’s well known that the Christmas table is the star of the holiday.It can turn even the simplest, most formal or traditional dinner into a true art of holiday magic!
Christmas table decor has evolved over time. Its beautiful appearance is considered a sign of respect and refined politeness to guests.
If you want to surprise your family and friends with an exceptional table decoration, you can take inspiration from the ideas we will share with you below.
Discover below some tips for Christmas table arrangements, which will help you to have one of the most beautiful and original holiday dinners this year too, which every guest will enjoy!
1. Arranging and decorating the table:
We need an elegant table service made of the highest quality porcelain, which you can find here, an exquisitely designed cutlery set, crystal glasses and carefully chosen accessories and decorations in harmony with the rest of the items on display.
- Unlike an everyday meal, a festive meal involves more dishes and therefore more plates, cutlery and glasses. This shouldn’t be a problem, as the rules for setting the table are much the same as for an everyday meal. The secret to the correct arrangement of cutlery is to distribute it symmetrically around the plate, in the order in which we use it, from the outside towards the plate.
As for the glasses, the idea is to arrange them at an angle to the right of the plate, in descending order or in a triangle.
Instead of napkins, cotton napkins should be placed on a festive table. Where should napkins be placed at the table? There are two options: either fold them into triangles and place them under forks or fold them into rectangles and place them in the middle of the plate. You can even opt to arrange the napkins in the glass.
Decoration is also extremely important when preparing a festive meal. But it’s up to us whether we go for a ‘tame’ arrangement in terms of colours and prints or opt for a cheerful, richly decorated setup. Whichever option you choose, the most important thing is that the Christmas accessories, decorations and arrangements perfectly complement the rest of the items on the table.
2. Christmas table: choosing the tablecloth and tableware
Setting the table for the Christmas feast starts with the tablecloth. Impeccable and in traditional colours, the tablecloth should be decorated with specific Christmas motifs to fully feel the festive spirit.
The Christmas table will be laden with traditional dishes, so the tableware should be just right. But be careful not to overload the decor with accessories. Choose simple but festive tableware, including white plates, silver cutlery, and colourless glass or crystal glasses.
We recommend you to choose the tableware HERE !
3. Planning the Christmas menu
If you haven’t already made a menu, we’ve prepared some ideas for your festive meal. From easy starters, to delicious main courses, to light or chocolatey desserts. These recipes will come in handy for your Christmas meal.
Make a list of the dishes you’ve been thinking of offering to your guests at the festive Christmas table. Make sure you buy the ingredients you need in advance.
- Cheese and charcuterie platter
- Lamb chops with baked vegetables
- Chicken roulade with mushrooms
- Pork roast glazed with honey and vegetables
- Cinnamon wart
- Salted caramel cheesecake
4. Ideas for family activities
- Prepare specific goodies for this period
- Wrap Christmas presents together for your loved ones
- Decorate your entire home together
- Decorate plates and mugs with Christmas motifs
- Do a themed photo shoot to immortalise this Christmas